75th Annual Academy Awards Short Films

Discussion in 'DVD' started by TimJS, Dec 31, 2003.

1. TimJS

TimJS Second Unit

Saw this on DVDPlanet . A description from Questar's site :

Pretty cool. If only we could get Documentary Short Subjects.

Tim

2. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

That's an interesting release. Wonder how all the various studios feel about having their stuff on a disc with other studio's films.

3. Robert Hutchison

I'm glad to see this release come out and I will definitely be purchasing it. A few years ago atomfilms.com sold a DVD containing shorts from the 72nd Academy Awards. The 4 live action shorts on the disc were:"Killing Joe", "Kleingeld", "Major and Minor Miracles", and "My Mother Dreams the Satan's Disciples of New York". The 3 animated shorts on the disc were: "My Grandmother Ironed The King's Shirt", "3 Misses" and "When The Day Breaks" Missing from the disc was the winning animated short "The Old Man and The Sea"

I hope that this release of the shorts from the 75the Academy Awards means that more may be coming out. Anyone remember The Short Cinema Journal series of DVD's?

4. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

Oh, man. I wish we could get more of these wonderful shorts released on DVD. For example, I'd kill to have a good copy of 1990's Oscar-nominated "12:01 PM" starring Kurtwood Smith. The old VHS version I taped off The Movie Channel is almost completely worn out.

5. Robert Hutchison

Are there any other short film collections planned for DVD release in 2004?