What's new

75" sony X950g (1 Viewer)

Jim517

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
Does anyone own this TV ? If so, are you happy with it ?

I'm interested in this TV, but I'm concerned about the blooming and the less than stellar black levels. Cnet only rated it 7 out of 10 due to this.

Thanks.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I'm a big fan of Sony's X950G, which is their flagship LCD/LED TV for the current model year. Sony refuses to crush the blacks as other TV brands do that artificially increase the contrast ratio. Sony engineers and product managers want to deliver the full dynamic tonal range accurately following the gamma for SDR and the EOTF PQ curve for HDR content.

Great sale prices on now for the 75" X950G TV at $1,999, which ends tomorrow and the prices goes back to $2,799. This is funded by Sony and the promotion instant rebate ends tomorrow! Also 24 months interest free financing through all Sony authorized dealers. :)

Jim517

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
Thanks. Do you have any comments about the blooming ? A couple review videos I saw had blooming into the black bars also.

I can't see the blooming in the showroom because of all the lights on.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I have the 55" X950G and it's a great tv with better blacks and brighter colors compared to my previous 900E. Noticed very little blooming on mine but I did go thru the settings and did many adjustments on the picture. The sound is not the best so I need a soundbar.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Blooming is an issue with all LCD/LED TVs. Blooming in the black Cinemascope bars is apparent with Sony's X950G, however Sony top engineers explained to me that they do not want to artificially crush the low luminance areas of the image in any part of the screen so blooming on the X950G in the Cinemascope bars is visible, but for the good of the overall image performance.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Blacks on the 55" and 65" are better than the 75" and 85" as the smaller screen sizes do not have Sony's X-WIDE ANGLE filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks