What's new

70's TV Movie question (1 Viewer)

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
This is....a pretty awkward & disgusting question to ask. I was a child in the 70's. I often played in the background while my mother watched tv. Every so often I'd look up. I remember a person, I think a man, being in a courtroom. I think it was a courtroom. All I remember is seeing the person throw up. It was a disgusting yellow looking mess. I was traumatized! Ok the trauma didn't last long but I never forgot that scene.

The movie would've taken place around 1975 - 1978. I say movie because I don't remember many tv characters throwing up back then. (Or now for that matter. Thankfully.) I tend to lean towards the 1976 movie HELTER SKELTER. Years later when it was running on late night tv, I saw a promo for it & felt spooked by it. It could be something else though. Maybe a demon possession movie or something.

Anyway, if there are any 70's Tv experts out there who can help, it might prove therapeutic for me.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
There was a 70's TV movie called THE POSSESSED (1977). It stared James Farentino. He was a fallen priest who dies in a car accident but is brought back to fight evil. I believe it was supposed to be a pilot. There is a scene at the end with the head mistress possessed and vomiting urine and nails. It was very scary. I love this movie and it is available from Warner Archives.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My recollection of Helter Skelter was that it started off as a courtroom trial. As one of the investigators is talking there's a flashback with shot inside the house where a man runs out of the house. And through a large pane-glass window we see him projectile vomiting from the scene he saw...

I thought I would be able to handle it, but after they started describing the crime scene of the Tate-LaBianca massacre it couldn't watch anymore ...

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
My recollection of Helter Skelter was that it started off as a courtroom trial. As one of the investigators is talking there's a flashback with shot inside the house where a man runs out of the house. And through a large pane-glass window we see him projectile vomiting from the scene he saw...

I thought I would be able to handle it, but after they started describing the crime scene of the Tate-LaBianca massacre it couldn't watch anymore ...
Well it sounds like you are talking the same movie. It is hard not remembering Helter Skelter. I agree, it was the most disturbing story probably of that whole decade. Unbelievable how anyone could be so evil. I guess when your brainwashed and radicalized by an evil psycho and strung out on mind-altering drugs, anything is possible.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I remember associating Helter Skelter with vomit for awhile when I was a kid so I'm thinking that's the movie. If I can get the nerve I'll try to watch some of it.

It says something given all the horrors we've experienced in the last few years that the Manson crimes are still so unfathomable.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I was thinking Sole Survivor from 1970. That was a weird one.

Helter Skelter scared the shhhhhh-t outta of me. somebody had the book at school too, with all those pictures of the people whited out! man! nightmares dumped with gasoline and match.

pudman13

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron Milenski
This is....a pretty awkward & disgusting question to ask. I was a child in the 70's. I often played in the background while my mother watched tv. Every so often I'd look up. I remember a person, I think a man, being in a courtroom. I think it was a courtroom. All I remember is seeing the person throw up. It was a disgusting yellow looking mess. I was traumatized! Ok the trauma didn't last long but I never forgot that scene.

The movie would've taken place around 1975 - 1978. I say movie because I don't remember many tv characters throwing up back then. (Or now for that matter. Thankfully.) I tend to lean towards the 1976 movie HELTER SKELTER. Years later when it was running on late night tv, I saw a promo for it & felt spooked by it. It could be something else though. Maybe a demon possession movie or something.

Anyway, if there are any 70's Tv experts out there who can help, it might prove therapeutic for me.

This sounds like MARK OF THE DEVIL PART II, which had a really graphic vomit scene in a courtroom, but it was a woman, not a man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zola_88
Recent bookmarks