70s cop shows

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by [email protected], Jan 4, 2006.

1. Jason@C

[email protected] Auditioning

I'm new on this board and I was hoping that somebody would have some info about the cop shows from the 70s. I'm interested in The Streets of San Francisco, Barnaby Jones, Hawaii Five-O and from the 60s, The Fugitive. Is there any new updates on any of these shows?

2. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Welcome aboard, Jason! I'd buy all the shows you mentioned. I believe the only one that has been mentioned for DVD release is Hawaii 5-0 (later this year).

In case you haven't found it yet, here's the best resource online for information about "TV shows on DVD" (strange how it's also the name of the website): http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

3. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Ditto Jason (welcome!)

I'd also get most of what you listed when/if they become available. "The Fugitive" is likely to be released sooner or later, perhaps this year, according to some educated guessers. I too check TSoD daily. It's the "Mecca" for us TV/DVD collectors [​IMG] Their batting average is impressive as far as predictions on what gets released. (it's better than any MLB club, that's fur sure [​IMG] )

4. Brett*H

Brett*H Stunt Coordinator

Good choices,Jason. I'd pick up all of those sets if they were ever released. Myself,I'd add "Mannix","Cannon" and "Ironside" to that great lineup of cop shows you've got listed.

5. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    Welcome Jason.

Yes, there is a goldmine of shows from that era that should be released. Have any Quinn Martin produced series been released yet? Ironside (which I would love to get) was rumored to be coming from Universal in 2005, but it disappeared.

Cannon, Mannix, Barnaby Jones et al would all be most welcome.

The Fugitive is also conspicous by its absence.

Steve

6. Dan McW

Dan McW Second Unit

Dan
    Say, wasn't there an episode of Ironside with a "real time" plot, a la "High Noon"? I thought it involved some sort of call-in show that received a threat saying that something bad would occur in a short time, like 45 minutes later, and that Ironside and the gang found the bad guy or solved the case in less than 45 minutes (or whatever the time was).

I know there's a Milton Berle episode with a talk-show motif, but I don't that one fits my plot description, such as it is.