What's new

70mm Screenings of 2001; Lawrence of Arabia, and more + new print of restored GWTW! (1 Viewer)

Mary M S

Screenwriter
I too am wondering if the tendency at Paramount is (or not) to sellout. If I go at last min. to Lawrence would I be able to aquire a ticket?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Mary, from what I read at the Paramount site, tickets are available only on the day-of-show at the Paramount box office. They do honor pass books called Flix-Tix that are sold in advance, but these are mainly an option for Austin-area residents who plan on seeing 10 films there in a year. It says the BO opens at Noon on Saturdays.

I'm going to time my drive from Houston to arrive somewhere in the 1-1:30 PM time frame, which I would hope allow me to easily secure a seat - UNLESS some friendly, experienced Austinite advises me to come earlier. ;)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

My experience has been that there are always plenty of seats at the Paramount, even for these classics.
I would suggest you dress for comfort, the seats are NOT what we've come to expect in a modern theater.
But hey, it's Austin, we don't care how you're dressed. :)

Mary M S

Screenwriter
Just saw these posts while trying to make plans.
Craig, Thanks I (doh) saw after clicking back in, that I could have found BO polices but was on the wrong link. Appreciate it!

Thanks too Henry, I did not think the norm was a sellout, but if I go through the hassle of making arraignments to get there, did not want to have an issue with ticket acquisition!

Trying to talk my husband into flying me up for Lawrence, and twist my nephews arm (who lives in Austin, - and is most likely entering a life of law & politics) to see this great film as it was intended to be viewed. He had never heard of, nor run into this film to date!

Seppo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Seppo
One of my dreams would be to see "Lawrence of Arabia" at the cinema, especially a 70 mm screening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks