70mm 2001 in New York This Month

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Neil S. Bulk, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk
    Just a quick heads up. The American Museum of the Moving Image will be showing Kubrick's 2001 - A Space Odyssey March 29th and 30th at 6:30 each night. I've never seen this film theatrically, so I'll definitely be making a trip out the 30th.

You may also want to explore their site a little bit, as there are a bunch of great movies playing this month. One of them is an early Spielberg film about a shark.

Neil

2. Bill Huelbig

Bill Huelbig Second Unit

Bill Huelbig
    Thanks, Neil, for spreading the word on 2001. You won't be sorry you made the trip to see the greatest movie ever made in the only way it really should be seen. You should sit as close to the screen as you can for the full effect!

Thanks for the heads-up on JAWS as well.

--Bill

3. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

Hopefully, they'll keep the Intermission and Entr'acte intact, unlike the Loews Astor Plaza when they showed 2001. [​IMG]

4. Sergio Z.

Sergio Z. Stunt Coordinator

saw it 4 times last summer in Chicago for the 70mm run at the Music Box....unbelievable! As mentioned earlier, yes, definitely sit as close to the front as possible and let it take you in....the best!!!!

5. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    is there any way to know where else 2001 can be seen in 70mm, or on the big screen at all? i live near boston, but if it wont be showing there anytime soon, i may be forced to drive to ny. ive seen 2001 about a hundred times, but never like this, i'm sure its totally different.

CJ