What's new

7-channel stereo info (1 Viewer)

Guyza

Stunt Coordinator
When running a receiver in 7-channel stereo musci mode, does the amount of music sent to the side and rear channels typically overtax the standard dipole/quadpole surround speakers?

Or is the amount of info sent through these channels minimal like a DVD surround channel may send back there?

I'm asking because I'm curious as to the effectiveness of placing surround vs. direct radiating speakers all around. My system will be 50/50 music/HT so I don't want to cripple myself necessarily for one mode over the other.

If the amount of frequencies and musical content sent to the back channels is "filler" than I would guess surround speakers would suffice. If the content sent is fuller range, than probably direct radiating would be the ticket.

Yogi

Screenwriter
I am a 2ch music guy but from what I understand about multi channel music is that you need all full range direct radiating channels for multi channel music. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
i use 6 chanel stereo and for the center and side srear speakers i knwo that it is full range thats being sent well actualy the center chanel is a blend not as full as the otehr chanels i dont know much about the center back i really dont have one hooked up

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks