What's new

7.1 (1 Viewer)

Bob_Lawrance

Stunt Coordinator
I am planing to use my old technics receiver for the rear surround speakers with my avr 520.

I was wondering can i plug my rcas into the cd input, or could i put it into the rear inputs for the dvd 6 inputs.

Any suggestions would be Helpful.

Eric_Lakes

Agent
Bob,

I would use the CD input. With alot of Receivers, the Front 2 Channels are better (have differnt specs. ex: higher wattage) then the other 3 channels. On some Receiver, the Front 2 channels have Banana Plugs while the other 3 have the push type.

Bob_Lawrance

Stunt Coordinator
Eric,

I was also going to use the receiver to run the b speakers upstaris, so what source input would i use if the cd input is used for my rear surround speakers, could i use the dvd or tape inputs.

Eric_Lakes

Agent
Bob,

It wouldnt really matter what inputs you use. DVD, CD, TAPE would all use the front 2 channels. The only time you would be using the ohter 3 channels is if you use the 5.1 input (that is the center and 2 rears).

But in your case you are trying to "mulit-zone". 2 rear speakers for the 7.1 plus 2 speakers upstairs.. right?

If you you had a front channel A/B switch then you dont have to use the 5.1 inputs. If you dont have a A/B switch then you have to use 5.1 inputs.

Bob_Lawrance

Stunt Coordinator
Eric

Exactly, i want to multi zone plus run 7.1. I have a and b speakers for the technics receiver.

So as long as i have that i can place the signal into what ever source input i want

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks