What's new

7.1 setup (1 Viewer)

I currently have an HK avr 525, running a polk audio rm6700 speaker set up, and a Yamaha swt150 sub, along with a mits 55" widescreen. I am looking to upgrade to 7.1 from my current 5.1. I can either look for two small sats for the side surrounds, or replace the two small sats(on stands)with two larger fronts, and move the current front sats to the sides. While the 6700's are not the greatest speakers, they are nice and small. Am I better off looking for two new sats for the sides, or replacing the fronts, and using them as side surrounds? I am on a tight budget, so even used speakers in good condition would be considered. Any help appreciated!

Mike_Skeway

Second Unit
I think either way will work for you. I guess it would depend on what your HT / music ratio is. I'd say if you do some 2 channel listening you may want to get larger fronts. If all HT then I'd say just go ahead and get the same as the rest of your speakers.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks