7.1 Rear Speakers in Very Small Room...HELP!

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Evan R, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Evan R

Evan R Auditioning

Hi,

Well, I have a H-U-G-E problem. I've just moved my 7.1 setup from a large living room to a small 1-bedroom apartment (don't ask...Ugh!) Anyway, my new living room is small, my tv is against the front wall and my couch is against the back wall with no room to pull the couch out at all. So, where in the world do I put my back 2 Klipsch RB-5's? Please help!!!

Evan...

2. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    On Ebay? Sorry, couldn't resist :b . Maybe at the top of the back wall near the ceiling, or mounted to the ceiling pointing down? Might not sound right though. I've thought of using in-ceiling speakers but worried the sound wouldn't blend in there very well. Otherwise, I don't know either.

3. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

I would just go with a 5.1 setup until you move. I do have on wall speakers behind me up against a wall, but it works only because my side surrounds are spread way out to the sides due to room constraints(and it's a larger room).

You can try 'em behind you, but in a small room, I don't think there's going to be any benefit. I did have a friend who had 7 speakers in a small apt. room and he put the Cs's on the floor pointing up behind the couch. He liked it, so I guess you never know until you experiment.

DJ

4. Evan R

Evan R Auditioning

Hi,

I have the full Klipsch Reference suite. Towers up front, proper surrounds, etc, etc. The RB-5's are for the back channels only. Are they really selling the reference's on Ebay? I think you need an authorized dealer for these. Anyway, DJ has the answer I think. I'll put the speakers on the floor behind the couch pointing up and see what I've got. Thanks DJ!

Evan..