What's new

7.1 Placement Question (1 Viewer)

Brad Russell

Stunt Coordinator
I'm about to add the rear surround speakers to my set up and have a placement question. I went to the dolby site and used their recomendations for the angles at which to place speakers but still have a question about the rears. My room is long enough that when I follow their recomendations, the rear surrounds are still on the side walls. Should I stick to the angle recomendation or place them on the back wall with a certain amount of distance between them?

Thanks!

Brad

Ike_Haynes

Auditioning
I would just place them on the back wall with what ever distance you feel is good enough. Or if you want try both positions out for like a couple days and see which one you like better.

SHS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott
I am no where near an expert here but I think you have to experiment as well. It has quite a bit to do with the type of speaker you use and its pattern of sound as well as the room accoustics. Different types of speakers will sound different in the same place and cover the room differently in sound.

I prefer to try and place my speakers so that it is difficult to point to one and say "the sound is coming from there".....that is unless the track is weighted to that speaker. This is exaclty why I am moving to 7.1 as well.

bassman99floyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jimmy
I agree with all above. Put the rear rear speakers on the back wall, and try to give it some distance from your rear speakers. You want seperation in sound, so you don't want your speakers to close together.

Good Luck,

Jimmy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks