What's new

6th Ave Electronics and Harmon Karden (1 Viewer)

Garrett V

Agent
Has anyone purchased anything from 6th ave?? Your experience would be appreciated. I dont understand how the pricing on the HK line could be so much cheaper than at local stores. IN fact, one guy at a local pro-audio store claims emphatically that HK can not be sold over the internet. I was looking at the AVR430 (at 6th ave) and it was $300+ cheaper than at the stores.

Also can there be any comparison made between the HK 430 vs the Denon 2803 for sound quality?? Thanks.

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
Retail stores always have much higher pricing to help pay their overhead. They'll also lie to you to get a sale.

MilesMM

Auditioning
Yes,,,brick and motor retailers can be a bit under handed. However, I recently purchased Paradigm Studio 60's and 20's from 6th Ave at 20% off list. I checked the Paradigm site and they were listed as an authorized dealer. I was however only allowed to get the black ash finish. For speakers I'm not overly cautious. For receivers even I would tread with caution if it's not an authorized dealer.

Scott>G

Agent
I am not sure if this is true but...a salesmen there told me that the reason they were so cheap is that they wanted to "blow them out" since they weren't going to carry them anymore. Again, I don't know if it is true or not. Are they an authorized dealer for both in store and over the internet? Can they be different? Not sure.

Garrett V

Agent
I called and they claim to be an authorized dealer as their website claims. 14 day return policy however they charge a 15% restock fee if you return for other then defects.

JimIroc

Agent
A lot of places are authorized to sell HK at their retail locations, but not authorized to sell online. Since HK doesn't know if that particular receiver went out the front door into your car, or out the dock onto a UPS truck, I would guess that it's still pretty safe in a lot of cases.

HK seems to be EVERYWHERE online, as opposed to other companies like Paradigm and even Marantz, who work hard to keep stuff off the Internet. When stuff is that easy to get, it's usually because the manufacturer makes it that easy to get.

Garrett V

Agent
JimIroc is correct. I found that 6th is an authorized dealer for their retail stores but not over the internet. Anyway, I like the H/K alot but given some quality issues, it seems to be a risk to order over the internet. Oh well back to either the Denon 2803, Yam 1400 or Marantz 6400.

Michael__M

Stunt Coordinator
I bought my H/K from OneCall. Great place to do business with. They even called me the next week to see how it was working for me and if I had any questions.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Huh? Quality issues with the AVR7200?! Nope, sorry, not true. It's also built like a tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks