1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

6amp Hr versus 8amp hr NiMH batteries

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, May 16, 2002.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I recently sent a set of Marwi Kamikazi dual beam bike lights back to Marwi cause I think the battery was defective. Since they didn't have anymore 6V 6amp Hr batteries in stock and rather than hold my lights for a long length of time, they sent me a 6v 8Amp Hr light that is the battery that the better model (the Pro Elite) comes with.

Should I expect a difference in runtime or power because of this or not?

Thanks,

Jay

2. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

You should get 25-33% more runtime out of 8AH batteries as compared to 6. Assuming your charger has the capacity to charge the batteries fully.

KJP

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Cool beans, the best of both worlds. I really wanted the Pro Elite because of the longer run times, not because it was 35W versus the 32W of the Kamikazi, so now I have the better battery and more than enough light to use it.

I love biking at night, I recently had the opportunity to ride some of the trails I know at night and it's a whole new world out there. Spooky too!!! Makes me feel like Dave Atell (sp?) from Insomniac on Comedy Central..

Jay