What's new

6amp Hr versus 8amp hr NiMH batteries (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I recently sent a set of Marwi Kamikazi dual beam bike lights back to Marwi cause I think the battery was defective. Since they didn't have anymore 6V 6amp Hr batteries in stock and rather than hold my lights for a long length of time, they sent me a 6v 8Amp Hr light that is the battery that the better model (the Pro Elite) comes with.

Should I expect a difference in runtime or power because of this or not?

Thanks,

Jay

Kevin P

Screenwriter
You should get 25-33% more runtime out of 8AH batteries as compared to 6. Assuming your charger has the capacity to charge the batteries fully.

KJP

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Cool beans, the best of both worlds. I really wanted the Pro Elite because of the longer run times, not because it was 35W versus the 32W of the Kamikazi, so now I have the better battery and more than enough light to use it.

I love biking at night, I recently had the opportunity to ride some of the trails I know at night and it's a whole new world out there. Spooky too!!! Makes me feel like Dave Atell (sp?) from Insomniac on Comedy Central..

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks