1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

65hdx82 vs. 65h82 - Is there really a difference in the picture?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Bowles, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Brian Bowles

Brian Bowles Second Unit

Has anyone seen these tv's side by side? I heard someone say they really could not tell the difference in the picture quality. I know the hdx has dvi but there seems to be a lot of people complaining about a flicker problem with the hdx models too. I am confused. I was ready to pulll the trigger but now I am lost..............

2. DennisFawcett

[​IMG] I HAVE A 65H82,I SAW NO DIFF IN THE PICTURE WHEN I LOOKED
    AT THEM.

3. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

Brian, you're right about the flicker problem on the HDX models. That would worry me, too, though not all sets have the problem.

I haven't seen the difference in picture quality, so I can't tell if it's worth the money and flicker risk. My guess is that you'd be happy with either set.

Jan

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

The HDX is most certainly superior to the H in image quality. Every single person who has seen them both here in my store has instantly come to this same conclusion. You can easily see the difference with DVD, but it's plainly obvious with HDTV.

That's not to say that the H is bad. It's really quite good and some are willing to pay for the difference for the HDX and some say the H82 is good enough for them.