65H80 Service Menu ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nestor_Ramos, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Nestor_Ramos

Nestor_Ramos Stunt Coordinator

Howdy. I've been having problems with my Toshiba 65H80 since it came back from service (beware of Telstar/Electromatic in Portland, OR, by the way). In Normal mode (for viewing 4:3 material) the grey bar on the right side of the screen is an inch wider than the grey bar on the left side of the screen. I re-did 56 pt. convergence with a grid, but it didn't help. I'm thinking there must be a service menu parameter for this. Anybody know which one it is?
    Thanks,
    Nestor

2. Jim Christian

Jim Christian Stunt Coordinator

3. Nestor_Ramos

Nestor_Ramos Stunt Coordinator

I'm unable to adjust HPOS in service menu, for some reason. I call up the service menu, select HPOS, and push volume up and down and nothing happens -- number doesn't change, picture doesn't move. Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

Nestor

4. Jesse Leonard

Jesse Leonard Second Unit

You haven't by chance "remapped" the volume control on your remote to control your receiver/amp's volume, did you?

5. errol

errol Stunt Coordinator

Hi Nestor,

Just for kicks, have you looked at the convergence grid?

Thanks,

Errol

6. Robert Barker

Robert Barker Stunt Coordinator

errol,
    In his message it states he re-did the 56pt w/ a grid.
    Nestor,
    I don't know how to fix your problem, but I have seen this discussed over at http://www.hometheaterspot.com/ubb/u...bb=forum&f=21.
    Don't get me wrong. Could be that someone on this Fourm knows how to fix your problem, but they haven't posted as of yet.
    Robert Barker
    Austin TX