65h80 Built in Test Pattern access?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Damien Montanile, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Damien Montanile

Damien Montanile Stunt Coordinator

Hey all,

I posted this in the HDTV area accidentally, meaning to direct it here (since its about the TV itself and not HDTV).

ADMINISTRATORS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REMOVE THE OTHER POST IF YOU DEEM NECESSARY.

I have owned my 65h80 for about 7 months now, finally I have started the calibration process and becoming (VERY) familiar with the internals and schematics.

It seems that the Service Manual (which I do possess) is a bit out of touch (or at least borrowed from older Service manuals) because a few things are not accessed as they claim they are (convergence grid / BLUE CRT control is not the enter button, but the channel rtn button (yes I know older models combined this button) ). I am trying to start my Geometry / Mechanical and Electronic focus, but I cant seem to access the built in test patterns on the TV.

In one place (manual or an online HOWTO) it states to hit the tv/video button on the TV after getting into service mode. When I do hit it it just blanks out the screen (No service Menu displays). All that I have noticed that has changed is that I can blindly control the Service area Adjustments, instead of looking what Im scrolling through (only hitting channel up/down obviously)

Another thing I read was to hit the tv/video button on the remote. the 65h80 doesnt come with a tv/video button per se. Unless they mean the tv/video button, which doesnt seem to work either.

Any assistance getting to the built in test patterns would be most helpful.

Most appreciative,

Damien

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

2. Jesse Leonard

Jesse Leonard Second Unit

There are no built in test patterns (other than the convergance grids) on a 65H80. These patterns were in previous models and did not make there way into the 65H80.

You will need to use Avia or Video Essentials for test patterns.

3. Damien Montanile

Damien Montanile Stunt Coordinator

Thank you much!
    you know, it sucks to search for something that just isnt there! [​IMG]
    Thanks again
    -Damien