What's new

65h80 built in test patter access? (1 Viewer)

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

I have owned my 65h80 for about 7 months now, finally I have started the calibration process and becoming (VERY) familiar with the internals and schematics.

It seems that the Service Manual (which I do possess) is a bit out of touch (or at least borrowed from older Service manuals) because a few things are not what they say they are (convergence grid / BLUE CRT control is not the enter button, but the channel rtn button ). I am trying to start my Geometry / Mechanical and Electronic focus, but I cant seem to access the built in test patterns on the TV.

In one place it states to hit the tv/video button on the TV after getting into service mode. When I do hit it it just blanks out the screen (No service Menu displays). All that I have noticed that has changed is that I can blindly control the Service area Adjustments, instead of looking what Im scrolling through (only hitting channel up/down obviously)

Another thing I read was to hit the tv/video button on the remote. the 65h80 doesnt come with a tv/video button per se. Unless they mean the tv/video button, which doesnt seem to work either.

Any assistance getting to the built in test patterns would be most helpful.

Most appreciative,

Damien

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks