What's new

65H80, brand new, trash visible on image... (1 Viewer)

JerryHatchett

Stunt Coordinator
Just got the new 65H80 into the house and hooked up. In a couple of different places there is what looks to be a couple of pieces of stringy looking lint visible on the picture.
I can't really tell if it's on the back of the screen or maybe on one of the CRT tubes. Anyone else seen anything like this on these TOSH units?
TIA...
Jerry
P.S. Already posted this over on the Spot board for Toshibas, as well.

Brett G

Stunt Coordinator
My guess is that it's probably on the back of the screen, which is fairly easy to remove. Of course, once you remove the screen you'll also have access to the CRT's so you might as well check those as well.
-Brett
------------------
Link Removed
My DVD's

JerryHatchett

Stunt Coordinator
I'll contact the dealer I bought it from and see what they recommend before screen removal, but how's it done on this unit?

Brett G

Stunt Coordinator
In short:
1. Remove speaker grills - pull hard, they are stuck on with industrial strength velcro.
2. Remove center plastic cover (8-10 screws).
3. At the bottom of the screen assembly you will see four black metal tabs with two screws on each. Unscrew these eight screws.
4. Pull bottom of screen out about 3-4 inches, and then lift up entire assembly (only weighs 10-15 lbs.).
These are just basic instructions, but the process is really pretty easy. Of course, reverse the process to put it back on. And the normal warnings apply: be extremely careful no matter what you are doing.
-Brett
------------------
Link Removed
My DVD's

Brett G

Stunt Coordinator
I just wanted to add that having your dealer rectify this problem would be preferable, of course.
------------------
Link Removed
My DVD's

EddieN

Agent
Hey Brett,
For the 56H80 and the 65H80 is it necessary to remove the speaker grills and the plastic assembly before removing the screen ? I own a 40H80 and all I gotta do is take the 6 screws, that are holding the screen, out and that's it. Just curious.
------------------
- Eddie

Brett G

Stunt Coordinator
Eddie,
Can't speak about the 56H80, but you definitely have to remove them all for the 65H80. Only then will you have access to the tabs.
-Brett
------------------
Link Removed
My DVD's

EddieN

Agent
Gotcha, thanks Brett. I guess for a bigger beast you need tabs to support the weight of all em screens.
------------------
- Eddie
[Edited last by EddieN on July 19, 2001 at 03:02 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks