What's new

65" RPTV purchase advise (1 Viewer)

Danalix

Auditioning
Loyal members,

I am seeking advice respecting my pending purchase of a new rptv. For the last 4 years, we have owned and thoroughly enjoyed a 55" Toshiba 55h95. We have also completed construction of our home theater (measuring 14x26).

My wife remarked one day that our old set just looked too small and I received the go-ahead to upgrade.

With this opportunity to venture wide screen and HDTV ready, I have settled on a 65 inch Toshiba as the replacement. I have always been a Toshiba fan and have had years of satisfaction both with the product and my dealer of choice.

As all of you are aware, there are two models: 65H82 and 65HDX82. Notwithstanding the Toshiba's recent price drop there remains a $1000 difference between the two models.

My main concern is quality, reliability and the best picture for the money. Until HDTV takes a more firm hold, the primary source for video will be DVD (we will be purchasing a progressive scan unit at the same time).

I am seeking advice from the Toshiba owners out there to assist me in finalizing this choice. Are the differences between these two units so significant to justify the additional $1000 in price?

I am hoping to make this purchase within the next 7 to 10 days. Thank you in advance for your help.

Paul Pratt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Pratt
The HDX model is the Toshiba Cinema Series set. The cinema series uses wide CRT guns instead of the standard circular guns. They also have a finer pitch to them, which yields a better picture.

The HDX also has a DVI connector which will be essnetial for the future of HDTV. Now that comes standard with the HDX and the HD can be upgraded to the DVI connector.

Other then that their are some software things like Cableclear and other "Buzzword" stuff inside that does the same thing as everyone elses differently named "buzzwords".

Hope that helps. I see the HD at work everyday and it's got a great picture so whatever one you choose will do great for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks