What's new

65" Mitsubishi Rear Projection Screen (1 Viewer)

I'm looking at buying a 65" Mitsubishi Rear Projection from Sears as I have a family member who can get me a little bit of a discount on it. Below is a link to the tv.
http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summ...id=05754198000
I'm a little confused on the model number as Sears has it listed as WS65551. I did some searching on http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/ and the only thing they have close is a WS-65511. I'm wondering if this is a typo on Sear's part or if they pull the model number bit/switch that I have heard Best Buy does with some of their TV's? I would hope that Sears is selling the same TV as everyone else and not some special stripped down TV like I have read Best Buy is know to do.
Also, does anyone have any info on the quality of Mitsubishi's TV's?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jason

Jim FC

Stunt Coordinator
It's a typo. This is their Platinum series 65", and it is not a stripped-down version like the one BB carries. Strange, though, that nowhere on the Sears page is it mentioned that this TV has a built-in HDTV decoder, which I'd think would be one of its selling points. Anyway, Mitsubishi makes a terrific big screen, well-known for their longevity and picture quality. I recommend them without hesitation.

Thanks for the reply. I had hoped it was a typo. I was going to go through BB until I read some info on another forum about some of thier tactics. In your opinion is it a good idea to go for the unit with a built in tuner or just one that is HDTV ready?

With so many choices it's had to know what to do.

Thanks again,
Jason

Jim FC

Stunt Coordinator
The answer to that question depends on the HDTV availability in your area. If you can get HDTV through your cable system or off-air with an antenna, I'd say go ahead and get one like the Platinum series, with the built-in HD tuner. On the other hand, if you're on satellite and you will get HDTV from them eventually, the built-in tuner would be useless and you can save yourself some $$$ by getting an HD-ready set rather than one that has the decoder built in.

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Speaking of Best Buy, I bought a Samsung 47" Wide HDTV there last year and the good old model number switch happened to me. You have to be careful with them. I prefer Circuit City anyways. Those guys actually know what they are talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks