64-point convergence: Huh??? [face_confused]

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Chang, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Chris Chang

Chris Chang Stunt Coordinator

After using the very last THX test pattern to test convergence, I noticed there were more than a few problems that couldn't be fixed with basic 9-point (some blues around the edge were WAY off).
    So...I went here to see how to do 64-point: http://www.panny.tv/tweaks.htm
    I got lost somewhere around step 3. [​IMG] Am I just making this out to be harder than it really is? The fact that I'm this confused makes me feel like I should slowly back away from my tv...

2. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

I got lost around Step 5 but I wan't trying that hard. Have you enabled the service menu yet?

Kevin

3. Leif Wall

Leif Wall Second Unit

Download the service manual from the website first. Take a look through the 'coarse' and 'fine' convergence settings to learn what everything does. (need to how to navigate the service menu!!!!!)

4. Ming Wang

Ming Wang Agent

the service manual is easier to follow than the short instruction on panny.tv website. download the pdf file there and read it. the file you can download is not for wx42/52 I believe, but it works.

5. BenS

BenS Stunt Coordinator

Off the topic but where would one go to get a service manual for a Sony KP53-HS30?