What's new

$600 receiver for new NHTs? (1 Viewer)

Phuong

Stunt Coordinator
I'm planning on buying the new NHT SB1s (the new SuperZeros) and running them SMALL in my HT setup. Any suggestions on receivers in the $600 or less range that would mate well? The SuperZeros had soft-dome tweeters, while the SB1s have aluminum tweeters. Will that supposedly increased treble clarity clash with receivers possessing a "harsh" or "bright" tonal quality?

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
I don't own one but I hear plenty of people recommending the Outlaw receiver (www.outlawaudio.com) which is only $499 right now. It can only be purchased online but at least one person whose judgement I trust implicitly has said he loves the Outlaw.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'd pop the extra cash for the SB2, as bass response is dramatically improved. I didn't find the new tweeters to be that harsh at all when paired with a Denon 3802.
Someone mentioned that during longer periods of listening, that listening "fatigue" may occur with the aluminum tweeters though.
I'm not a Paradigm rep, but for just a little more than the SB1s you can get a pair of Paradigm Mini Monitors, which sound better than even the SB2s, IMO (and still list for a little less than the SB2s)
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, inate desire on the part of every organism, to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Honda/Acura Club ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)
[Edited last by John Garcia on August 08, 2001 at 02:36 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks