What's new

60" XBR grand wega and stand size (1 Viewer)

Tom Allen

Auditioning
I'm considering purchasing this set and am deliberating a stand. The specs for the tv indicate that the width is 63.5" but from the pictures it appears that the set can be placed on a smaller width stand since the tv's base isn't as wide as the screen. Is this assumption correct?

If so can someone tell me the measurement of the base?

Dan

Stunt Coordinator
I just put one of these bad boys in my theater room. I don't know that I would spend the 1000 or so to get a "sony" stand (unless that's money's no object). I just put it on a coffee table for now. The weight is pretty much in the center, so you don't need a wide stand. The base is about 18-24" in width. I know that's a wide spread, but from what I can remember without having it in front of me, that's it.

Good luck!

David Parrish

Stunt Coordinator
I just got this tv yesterday. It is 67" wide. If you put it on a normal stand of 30 to 40' in width, the tv dawrfs it. I currently have this stand:

Bello Stand

But the TV overhang is considerable and it is too far off the floor for my tatses.

I plan on buying this stand in the next week:

Plateau Stand

It is 7" lower in height and 64" wide, so the only overhnag from the XBR will be the speakers on the side. I'll be able to place my center channel speaker, Yamaha RX-Z1 receiver, DVD player, and Cable bx in this stand. And as it is so wide it'll hide all the cables and have a neater appearance.

It doesn't hurt that this stand is $459 delivered. MUCH better than $1,000 for the Sony stand. My receiver is a monster and won't fit in the Sony stand anyway.

Hope this helped!

Users who are viewing this thread