60" Television Selection

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Dale R, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Dale R

Dale R Auditioning

Jan 1, 2004

I'm a newbie here so bear with me. I'm hoping that some of you might be able to give me some advice on the selection of a new 60" television. I've just started looking and from what I have actually viewed myself, I really like both the Sony Wega as well as the Hitachi. Are there any significant advantages to either of them over the other? Any others that I might also consider? Lastly, any advice on how to match up a dvd/speaker system with either of the above televisions? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Aug 19, 2002

I'm also assuming you're looking at CRT-based RPTVs, not digitals? You'll have to provide some more info, so we can know what you're looking for too.

As for audio, it is independant of the video, so you don't need to "match" the TV at all. The Speaker and sources forums will be helpful in finding DVD players, and speaker setups, along with the receiver forum.

I am partial to Paradigm for starters myself, but always listen to as much as you possibly can.

And make SURE that whatever type or brand of display you get,, that you also get Avia/DVE to calibrate your set.

good luck! [​IMG]