60" Grand Wega LCD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony Stephan, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Anthony Stephan

Anthony Stephan Stunt Coordinator

On page 4 of the Chicago Trib Magazine, there is an ad for a Sony Grand Wega 60" 16:9 LCD RPTV.

Only 21 3/4" deep.

I was just on the Sony site and could not find any info on it.

Wonder what that baby will go for $$$$$

2. Raymond G

Raymond G Agent

It has a list price of $8,000. Someone at the Spot has bought it for around $7,000. but it came in damaged. Go to

the HomeTheaterSpot and do a search on the Sony section. I have been wanting to see one, but the closest one is in the

Dallas area.

3. Dann Cutter

Dann Cutter Auditioning

That was me... they got me a new one in 4 days... great TV. $7000 is a bit steep for it, but with no burnin, and no real convergence issues, it has been worth it. And, best of all, it has a feature which allows you to scale down the screen size to ANYTHING below 60" if say your fiance HATES Big TVs. She keeps watching it at 42" screen size because she says she likes the picture better smaller. Oh well... great TV. And, unlike every other RPTV I tried, the MAIN selling poiit for me is that in a VERY light room, with windows covering two fuill walls, and a kitchen light basically straight in front of it about 20ft, the picture is bright and clear, with almost no glare to speak of. dann

4. Kishu

Kishu Stunt Coordinator

Raymond/Dallas folks,

Any idea which store in Dallas has the Grand Wega? The Home Theater Store had got a damaged set too!

Cheers,

Kishore

5. Will

Will Guest