What's new

6 million dollar Home Theater (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

My point is that there is no malicious intent here towards the man's system, that's all. Everyone's post has been on the constructive criticism side more than anything.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I think it's great that he is in a position afford such a setup but does it actually sound and look like $6 mil. The room didn't have any treatment that I could immediately discern. If it's as quiet as he says it is then there must be some treatment.

It appears that that the bulk of the cost must have been in those Mac power amps. Will all of those tubes getting hot I bet that room feels like a sauna. Surely he thought of cooling while spending that much money.

Personally if I was in a position (and I'm not, well not yet anyway) to spend a lot on a theater room I can't imagine dropping more than $600k.

Plus my wife would probably never let me get away with spending $600k on a theater room and another $60k for a high end audio system for the cave.

It's fun to dream.

troy evans

Screenwriter
I've been pretty flippent in a couple of my posts. Let me say that if this guy wants to spend 6mil on a home theater,then, that's his right and I don't argue that. It does seem like overkill, though. I could see the 100k home theater, but not the 6mil home theater. It's like a gold plated toilet seat, unnessary. I guess it all comes down to, is it worth it to him? It must be. Another thing I take issue with is when it's called the greatest show on earth. I take that as saying it's the best out there and I would disagree. Even without hearing it, the theater has no asthetic appeal to me and performance aside that's part of what makes a home theater great as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks