What's new

6 hr layover in Edmonton - What to do (1 Viewer)

DennisHP

Second Unit
Coming back from a vacation in northern Alberta I have a 6 hour layover in Edmonton on 6/3. I'll be there from 11:30 am to 5:30pm. Aside from reading or sleeping or just hanging out in the airport, what can I do nearby in that amount of time?

Kris McLaughlin

Stunt Coordinator
< cracking knuckles >
Alright Ben, that's it...
< /cracking knuckles >
At least the Stars didn't make the big dance either...
:)
Dennis, you could always check out West Edmonton Mall. One of the largest in the world, if you're into that sort of thing. There's a cool Science Centre, too. Or you can just stroll around downtown, it's a beautiful city and there's always plenty to see.
I'm originally from St. Albert, which is more or less a suburb of Edmonton, and I'm looking forward to visiting Ed. next week.
Enjoy your stay in the City of Champions, Dennis.

Terry Hansen

Stunt Coordinator
I was also going to suggest the West Edmonton Mall. The river valley is beautiful, walking trails run it's entire length. You could take a cab to Whyte Ave, it's always busy and there are some interesting shops. Um, not sure what else you could do.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Too bad you're not staying overnight...Edmonton has a very good night-life. Better than boring Calgary, at least. :)
Whyte Avenue is a good place to stroll...visit the famous Bee Bell Bakery (they still make the best banana creme pie), shop at "When Pigs Fly", look at the great book collection at Greenwood's Bookshop, and watch a non-mainstream flick at the Princess Theater.
Edmonton is a shopper's wet dream. If you're into shopping guess you could visit West Edmonton Mall. There is a Playdium arcade there so you can ogle the women uh I mean play the cool new video games if you're bored of looking at the shops. And you can catch a movie at the Silver City theater (but avoid the Imax at all costs...the projectionist sucks and the center speaker is blown).

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Isn't there a huge water park inside West Edmonton Mall.. I've been there many years ago and remember seeing car dealerships in the mall (no they don't let you go for a test drive in the mall) and also a huge water park there... This was before the big mall in Minnesota was around and it was freaky, but in a cool way....

Jay

Scott W.

Second Unit
Be sure to visit WEM (West Edmonton mall). It's the ultimate place to have fun. AKA the largest mall in the world... they have eveything, food court(s), clothing, sporting goods, arcades, waterslides, ice rinks, amusement park, driving range, wide variety of animals, hotels, and my favorite... Bourbon Street (like New Orleans). It's the best place to have fun, and it never gets boring. Check it out.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks