6" flared ports

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TedO, Mar 17, 2002.

1. TedO

TedO Stunt Coordinator

Where can I find quality 6" flared ports?

TedO

2. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

Well, as of right now its going to be tough. Mine(which I ordered from lightning audio) were back ordered 3 times and took a month to come in. few places online that have carried them haven't had any in stock as of late. I emailed lightning audio and have not gotten word back. that was a week and a half ago. I even got my local dealer to call them and no luck. Word has it that they might be discontinued, but, no direct word from the company. Maybe if enough of us complain they will carry them in stock again.

3. TedO

TedO Stunt Coordinator

I see on their web sight they don't even list 6" ports. I think you may be right about them discontinuing the line. I have not see any other make of flared ports. I have seen non-flared ports but I will seace for awhile before settling for those.

The area of a 6" tube is 28.27^3", (2)4" tubes have any area of 25.13^3 and (3) would equal 37.70^3. If I can't find 6" flares would I be better off using 6" straight PVC or (3) 4" fleared ports? This on a Blueprint 1503 SonoSub, 20" ID.x 192L.

TedO

4. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

I think with that the flares, at least the way I understood it, was that the 6" flares allow the same flow of air as a 8" port. So a single 8" port would probably be best. That is if you could fit it in the tube.