What's new

6 Feet Under 6/2/02 Season Finale (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member

I certainly don't see Rico as a slacker. From the shows that I have watched, which is every episode it certainly doesn't seem to be an accurate evaluation.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Great episode, but almost everything I had to say about it has been said already. :)
So 'll just say this: if Brenda is out of the show now, which this episode seemed to indicate, I'm gonna be seriously disappointed. :frowning:
/Mike

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
I signed on to the HBO SFU website, and in "The Wake" weekly flash teaser, it shows she has road maps of California and the U.S. in her VW glove comparment.

So she's off to do a Jack Kerouac and hopefully (bad grammar) return a changed person....

Believe that one if you will....

Neil Weinstock

Stunt Coordinator
The finale was great, though so was every other episode. I love this show. Now we not only get to wait 9 months (yikes!) for it to resume, but we also get a break in the action of Sex in the City while SJP goes and has her baby. It is a cruel world we live in. :eek:
Anyway, back on topic, I cannot imagine that they're writing Brenda off the show. No way. Where she goes and what she does will be a plotline for next year (at least for the beginning.) She and Nate will eventually get back together. Just my predictions, I have no inside info.
I have to say, I thought this season was spectacular. As much as I loved the first season, some of the stuff with Billy got on my nerves. But season 2 didn't hit a wrong note the whole way.
My favorite moment of the season: Nate having the seizure while trying to order at the fast-food drive up. I was simultaneously cracking up, appalled, and appalled that I was cracking up. Of course, when he initially gets tongue-tied, you don't know it's a seizure, but still.
Aagh!! Nine months!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Was Peter Krause wearing a baldie cap or did he have his hair shaved off? I think the former.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I think his head was shaved, but you never know. Make up is pretty amazing these days.

As to my calling Rico a slacker - perhaps I misuse the term. It seems he's not considerate of business needs when his personal needs arise. There have been times this season when he's left the Fisher's hanging when they've really needed him. I do think it shows he's a responsible parent, but also - if work requires it - there are other options - it seems his extended family would provide babysitting or care if asked.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
so i watched this again last night and have a question.

in the finale, nate's doctor seemed very confident and on top of things.

but i definitely recall feeling that when nate first met his doctor - that the doc was a total idiot and goofball.

the finale made it appear that some of nate's latest problems were the result of his not listening to the doctor earlier on.

so which is it? was nate spacing the doctor's orders or did the doctor suddenly get his act together?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Larry, that's more like the impression I got.

When Nate first went, he was told exactly what he HAD, but not exactly what TO DO. The doctor gave him options, but refused to say which one would be best.

Now, in retrospect, it's easy for the doctor to say "I told you so", because he did. But he said it as a suggestion rather than firm advice. He also said that Nate could go on living for years and years with nothing happening to him, but of course that's conveniently forgotten now...

/Mike

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I think it's a bit of both. Nate could have and should have done more, but the doctor DID not tell him all of the things he claims to have told him months ago.

It was Nate's responsibility to come back and address further seizures.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i figure if nate would have known "for sure" the seriousness of the problem - he would have been quicker to act.
i kind of feel like it's the doctors fault that nate's in the situation he's now in because the doctor was so "iffy" about the whole thing.
i'm still crackin' up over the flashdance sequence...talk about comedy!!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Didn't Nate zone out at the initial doctor's visit, and might have missed some of the stuff that the doctor was trying to tell him?

(I still think the doctor is just trying to avoid a malpractice lawsuit).

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah...he did zone out...that i'm pretty sure of. but weren't there subsequent visits where the doc was still being a goof?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
No subsequent visits to my knowledge. He called in a scrip for him in one episode when Nate complained about the seizure. That being said, I do beleive the doctor would have/should have followed up with him for more testing/different options at that point. The doctore WAS lying... I think the question was --> to what extent.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
to what extent.
What was he lying about? I thought he told him what he had and what options he could take. He may have beat around the bush a little, but my impression was that he didn't want to steer Nate one way or the other and then feel responsible if something went wrong. I'd have to see that scene again to be sure though.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I agreew with Scott (like I said in my previous message). The doctor didn't lie, he was just a bit selective about what he told Nate before.

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
A really well directed episode as well...
Especially the shot of Brenda sitting by herself as the door closes...Alan Ball is not short on symbolism is he??

Matthew_S

Second Unit
When is season 3 scheduled to air? Fall or next year? I guess who knows with the Sopranos having been off the air (no new episodes) for over a year now....

Michael Lomker

Stunt Coordinator
So Rico is in as a partner, though the 2 Fisher boys still have majority stake (Rico at 25%, and each of the boys at 37.5%).
I don't think that is correct. In a relatively early episode the mother had to loan them some money and she insisted on being a partner. Wouldn't that mean that all four of them have 25%?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i think the point is that the family (as a whole) maintain 75% of ownership...while rico (the "outsider") only has 25%.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks