What's new

6 days until GAME "reissue" - any news?? (1 Viewer)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
the fact that everything's quiet about the "reissue" of THE GAME on dvd seems to indicate it will be yet ANOTHER repackaging of the dvd and not a new 16:9 transfer.

Does anyone have any info on this? usually people get their hands on stuff early around here, and i was curious if anyone could comment on the dvd.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's the same disc AGAIN

You have to understand, the only reason why the movie has been reissued so many times is because its changed hands 3 times in the last 3 years, so every new studio wants their lable on it

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I've considerred giving THE GAME another chance based on loving Fincher's other films, but no DVD edition has inspired me to do so yet.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Criterion is not working on a DVD special edition of The Game.

Universal Home Video is just repackaging the same DVD-10 with their logos on the product. The letterbox transfer is THX Certified and does have a very good image. It sells for under $15.00 in most stores(just as before).

I'd recommend picking it up now or if you want the UHV logos, wait untill next week.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
well , it's out today, has anyone seen the packaging in person?

obviously i am delusional and hoping that it is somehow 16:9...

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
I received it yesterday. With the exception of the Universal logo, the packaging matches the Polygram version exactly. They didn't even change a word.

Needless to say I didn't open it and already have the RMA number to ship it right back.

-greg

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I wouldn't be so sure that Criterion aren't working on it. They generally deny things until they're ready to announce, and the fact Universal doesn't want to do anything with it is a decent indicator that they'd be willing to licence it out to Criterion to transport and (hopefully) expand their laserdisc boxset (here's a review).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks