What's new

6-11 see License to Drive on DVD (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah W

Stunt Coordinator
We've got word of other upcoming DVDs today as well. More upcoming MGM titles include Care Bears Movie/Water Babies and True Heart/Courage Mountain, both on 8/6. MPI is delivering The Honeymooners: Lost Episodes 17 & 18 on 5/28 and The Honeymooners: Lost Episodes 19 & 20 on 6/25. Pioneer's Armitage: Dual-Matrix arrives on 6/25. Rhino will deliver Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Crawling Hand and Mystery Science Theater 3000: Hellcats on 6/11. And Warner has announced Getting There, Sweet 16 and License to Drive (6/11) and Charlotte Gray (7/9).notice it says Warner will release it but I thought Fox owns the rights, too bad another damn snapper but as long as it's OAR it'll be ok
NOTE: I got this onfo from Thedigitalbits

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
to this day I still reference that movie....

"The cup....... was empty"

And I'll never forget I watched it the night before my drivers ed test too.

This may be an addition to the collection.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
"Les, you have a license....you can do anything" - Dean

"Mercedes...I'm beginning to....perspire. You know how I hate to perspire" - Paulo

"I admire you Mrs. Anderson. I really admire you for having the courage to bring a child into this OPPRESSIVE WORLD and let me just say....." - Karl, Natalie's boyfriend

"NATALIE!!!!!!!" - Mrs. Anderson

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This is strange, When I visited Peter Staddon at Fox Studios back at the HTF L.A. Meet, I asked him this very question.

Peter had no idea what I was talking about. He had never heard of the movie.

So maybe Warner DOES own this movie now.

But I STILL think Fox owns it.

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!

"Les, you know how you've always wanted a your own caddy...well here you go...(laughing and tossing Les the keys) take good care of it."

Mercades pulls up

"Thanks anyway dad, but I already have a Mercades"

Sorry to rain on your parades :frowning:
(I have been waiting for this movie since the DVD was invented!!).
I knew it didn't sound right that WB was releasing this movie which was released on VHS and Laserdisc by FOX. I looked to find anyone with pre-order info. on it and no one did.
Then I decided, to look for WB releases for June 11, and found on June 11th, WB is releasing:
Getting There: Sweet 16 & Licensed to Drive
It's a Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen direct to video movie :frowning:
There is still no word from Fox on an actual release of the License to Drive we are wating for. I know a lot of people who want this movie. Can we get someone from Fox (Peter? Are you listening?) to work on this?

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
The Digital Bits report missing just one little D that got all our hopes up :frowning: Thanks for the picture Dave, I can't help it...

Gavin_L

Second Unit
that got my all excited knowing that it was gonna come out, guess we'll have to wait a few more years for the real license to drive to come out on dvd :lol: :frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the picture Dave
Hey, it's funny and all but it doesn't really make me happy. I want the real thing, too!
And - despite the slogan on the picture's bottom left, it is NOT what I watch. If it was, where would I be buying it? At jailbait.com? :D
Seriously, LtD is a piece of 80's cheese that will have to hit sooner or later...

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Dave,
Im sure you and many others would love to have a duo Corey commentary.
Maybe if Feldman comes off one of his many promotional tours and if Haim can get out of rehab:)..this could happen

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Ya know, the HTF is funny sometimes....just think of any movie, and it's bound to have at least one page of discussion. Today, I thought of License To Drive and here we are! What a great movie.
"Let's take her for a cruise!!"
I really hope this one comes out on DVD sometime before all the DVD lasers turn blue ;)
BTW, Olsen twins = 16 today

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Damn, Only 16? Now....if I were in the Millitary :b Ahhh......I'm glad we're not living in 'Minority Report'....wait, they arrest people for crimes they will commit in the future, not for thinking bad thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wernerhans57