What's new

6.1 (1 Viewer)

Tim Hess

Second Unit
I'm currently using an Outlaw 1050 with a Klipsch RF3 Mains, RC3II Center, RS3 Surrounds, and an SVS 30-39PC+.

I also have an RC3 Center as well (my previous DVD player allowed for direct 5.1 which allowed the outlaw to 'do' 6.1, I have since upgraded my DVD player) and I've decide to start looking into pre/pros and would like to know what setups could accomodate my rear center (not 2 mono rear channels, but one distinct rear surroud channel.

What's out there? I've got the speaker, got the room in an ideal spot (behind and below my side mounted R/L surrounds, a few feet back from the sweet spot)I'm new to the whole 'seperates' thing so any info would be great!

Edit: Spelling

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Anything that will accommodate 2 mono surround backs will also accommodate a single surround back. If you get a pre/pro with THX Ultra 2 processing, the back surrounds would not be mono, so to use Ultra 2 processing, you would actually need 2 back surrounds.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks