What's new

6.1 vs 7.1 and multi-subs vs single sub (1 Viewer)

Well, I am considering an upgrade and would like some assistance in evaluating a couple of alternatives. My current setup is 5.1 - Def Tech BP2002 front left & right, a CLR2002 center, BP1X rear left & right, and a 20-39PC sub. Option 1 (6.1 system) is BP2000TLs (new) for front l/r, CLR2000 (new) for front center, move BP2002 to rear l/r, move CLR2002 to rear center. Option 2 (7.1 system) is BP2000TLs (new) for front l/r, CLR2000 (new, trade-in CLR2002) for front center, move BP2002 to rear l/r, move BP1X to rear surround l/r.
What are your opinions in regard to the rear setup? I am interested in the B&K Ref 30 which shows the 7.1 setup in its manual. I don't know yet if they support a 6.1 setup as I skimmed the manual and only the 7.1 setup was diagrammed. Has anyone tried/demo'd both types of surround, and which did you prefer?
Additionally, what are thought regarding having powered subs at most locations. I could use a CLR3000 and thus have powered subs for front l/r, center, and rear l/r. In the other direction I could use BP30s for front l/r and only send the LFE channel to the SVS. The BP2002s in the rear would still be full range, they just wouldn't get the LFE signal.
Thanks for any assistance!

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Option#1 is good if you have about the same distance or little less between the front and rear speakers including the center.
Multiple subs.
This is also very much room dependant.The size is one thing,but there are furniture,the type of wall,and floor,height of the ceilling,you get the picture?
You really need to experiment with that.

------------------
"You Hungarians always disagree"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks