What's new

6.1 system with a 7.1 receiver (1 Viewer)

jackNi

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack
My living room, shape limitations, only allows me to set a 6.1 system. When I searched for the receiver, I could not find any 6.1 receiver with HDMI support and they are all below $400 range.

I would like to ask if I can set a 6.1 system in a 7.1 receiver. If not, can anyone suggest me a good $900 limit 6.1 receiver... (even if it does not have an HDMI support)

thanks

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
All the receivers I have seen will allow you to select the amount of rear surround you want to use 1 or 2. So yes a 7.1 receiver will work fine for a 6.1 set-up. The benefit is you can upgrade in the future if your listening situation changes to 7.1.

I would reccomend waiting untill next year for the newer surround formats to become available on receivers i.e. Dolby True HD, DTS-HD, and Dolby plus. (HDMI version 1.3 supports these formats, current receivers do not support 1.3)

If you can not wait untill then, I would reccomend getting a receiver with 7.1 analog inputs.

Seth=L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks