6.1 Speaker Placement

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Custodio, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

I bought a Denon 4802 receiver a few days ago, and I would like to setup the "Surround Back" speakers. The only problem is that there is a window where I need to put the speakers. I am tempted to put the speakers on the window sill, the speakers fit perfectly on the sill. The window is covered up by my deck so it can't be easily seen from the outside and there is very little direct sunlight because of the deck. The window remains very dry but the speakers would get hot/cold during the summer/winter. The speakers I would use are Kef Coda 7's so it's not like I am ruining a pair of B&W's in the window. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle the window problem. I really want to use the extra channels.

Ken

2. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

Anyone?

3. Dan_C

Dan_C Agent

Ken-

As long as the speaker doesn't get exposed to direct sunlight for any extended period of time, I'd say go for it.

I don't think the cold will affect it too much.

4. Harry Lincoln

Harry Lincoln Stunt Coordinator

As Dan said, avoid direct sunlight, other than that they should be o.k.

Harry.

5. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

Well, I did it. I put the speaker in the window sill and put a thin piece of wood behind it to help shade it from any sunlight. Doesn't look the best but then again the view is all the yard equipment under my deck. [​IMG]
    The back surround makes a big difference, helps open up the sound in the back a great deal. I just hope they start release more DVDs with Dolby-EX or DTS-ES.
    Ken