What's new

6.1 setup single monopole or single center (1 Viewer)

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Energy Take 5.2 setup. I already have one extra Take 2.2 monopole speaker and stand. My sound stage is small, about ten feet seperation between the two rears. Will this extra speaker I have work well enough for me or should I buy another Take 1.2 center and some sort of wall bracket to mount it behind me. Thanks

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
Not familiar with Energy speakers but I had: 2 small monitors for 7.1, then switched to a true CC speaker in the rear for 6.1. CC speaker definitely sounds MUCH better, but of course it's a much better speaker.

Not sure if that helped. I would try the extra speaker first and see what you think. There's usually not a lot of sound out of the back center anyway....Mike

Patrick vdb

Auditioning
Not only the distance between the two surround speakers is important but what's more important is the distance between the listening position and the surrounds an back surrounds. According the ITU speaker set-up each speaker should be placed at even distance from the listening position on a virtual circle around the listening position and with a certain degree to the listening position (it's a pitty I can not attach a picture of the ITU set-up which would explain better as what I try to say).

If you're listening position is seated at the backwall then it will be really hard to place the extra surround back speaker. If you have some distance between the listening position and the backwall then it must be possible. Place the surround back in the middle and place the surrounds at seatinging level ointed towards each other. If the distance between the two surrounds are 10 feet then each speaker (surround left surround right and surround back) should be placed about 5 feet from listening position.

Best regards

Patrick

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, I could probally get by with this speaker but I just went ahead and ordered another Take 1.2 center to match up everything to a 6.1 setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks