What's new

6.1 HT Receiver (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am currently using a Yamaha RX-V995 with 5.1 DD and DTS. It has been a nice trouble free receiver but I would like to move up to a nicer unit. I am looking to move up to something with 6.1 DTS-ES (DD 6.1 does not matter although D2 might be nice). There are two receivers I am concidering, the Denon AVR-5800 and the B&K AVR 307. I have listened to the Denon and really like all the features, dual 8 ch inputs, asignable digital inputs and the docking station for the remote. I have not listened to the B&K but a few sells people have said it is a nicer unit. I also beleive that it is not distrete 6.1 yet and does not have all the features of the Denon. My question is which receiver is going to offer better audio and performance? I plan to use cinepro amplifiers later on down the road. I also am looking at the Kenwood Sovrein DVD but am not shure if it is DVD-A? If not I might look at the Denon DVD-A player. And I am looking at getting A Sony ES SACD player. If anyone has some good advise on what receiver is the better buy, I would like to hear your comments.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Dave, I am moving your thread to the receivers/seperates rea where you should get a better response to your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks