What's new

6.1 and 7.1 setups (1 Viewer)

DavidV

Grip
I just got a denon 3803 and wondereing about the speaker placement on the 6.1 and 7.1 setups. I currently have a 5.1 setup with the rear speakers directly behind the listening area. What would i need to add to convert to a 6.12 setup. The manual has rear speaker locations of A (to the sides of the listening area),B (behind the listening area outside of the SB speakers)and SB (surround back, On the inside of the B speakers). I'm confused. Please help. I always thought a 6.1 was an extra center rear speaker?

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
The "B" L/R surround speakers are for SACD or DVD-A, if you decide to have a dedicated pair of them for that application.

For regular HT applications, use the left and right "A" speakers directly to either side of the listening position, and the L/R surround back speakers behind the listener about 6-8 feet apart.

When you listen to a DD-EX, DTS-ES, or DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete source, the 3803 will send the same signal to each surround back speaker.

If you engage the "Widescreen" DSP mode while watching a movie, the 3803 will actually send a discrete signal to each surround back speaker. This is similar to h/k's Logic 7 mode.

Regards,

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks