What's new

6.1 and 7.1 setups (1 Viewer)

DavidV

Grip
I just got a denon 3803 and wondereing about the speaker placement on the 6.1 and 7.1 setups. I currently have a 5.1 setup with the rear speakers directly behind the listening area. What would i need to add to convert to a 6.12 setup. The manual has rear speaker locations of A (to the sides of the listening area),B (behind the listening area outside of the SB speakers)and SB (surround back, On the inside of the B speakers). I'm confused. Please help. I always thought a 6.1 was an extra center rear speaker?

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
The "B" L/R surround speakers are for SACD or DVD-A, if you decide to have a dedicated pair of them for that application.

For regular HT applications, use the left and right "A" speakers directly to either side of the listening position, and the L/R surround back speakers behind the listener about 6-8 feet apart.

When you listen to a DD-EX, DTS-ES, or DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete source, the 3803 will send the same signal to each surround back speaker.

If you engage the "Widescreen" DSP mode while watching a movie, the 3803 will actually send a discrete signal to each surround back speaker. This is similar to h/k's Logic 7 mode.

Regards,

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks