What's new

5th element R2 exclusive (1 Viewer)

DannyS

Second Unit

Prepare to rediscover the glory of The Fifth Element as Path Distribution Ltd release the ultimate action-packed science fiction adventure to buy on DVD on 24th November 2003. This Region 2 Exclusive 2-disc Special Edition features never-before-seen footage from Luc Besson's cinematic masterpiece and glorious DTS sound.

Special Features:

Special Effects audio commentary with Mark Stetson, Karen E. Goulekas, Bill Neil and Ron Gress
Making of Documentary - Discovering the Fifth Element
Special Effects Featurette - Imagining the Fifth Element
The Art of the Fifth Element with Jean-Claude Mezieres Featurette
An Audience with Diva Plavalaguna Featurette
Elements of Style - Jean-Paul Gaultier Featurette
Trailers and TV Spots
Launching the Fifth Element - the Cannes Opening Night Party
Storyboard and Production Notes
The Sixth Element Essay
The Picture is presented 2.35:1 anamorphic and there is a choice of DD 5.1 and DTS soundtracks. The release is priced at S19.99

Directed by one of cinema's most talented and imaginative filmmakers, Besson (Taxi, Leon, Nikita, The Transporter), comes the critically acclaimed The Fifth Element Special Edition DVD. With a bold and stylish look into the 23rd Century, Besson takes an adrenaline-pumped jump through time. Featuring a star studded line up - Bruce Willis (12 Monkeys, The Sixth Sense), Milla Jovovich (Resident Evil, Chaplin), Gary Oldman (Nil By Mouth, Leon) and Ian Holm (Alien, The Lord of the Rings), with costumes by Jean-Paul Gaultier, The Fifth Element Special Edition DVD takes you on a heart-stopping, mind-blowing journey into the future.

Set in the year 2257, a planet-sized vessel of supreme evil is hurtling towards the earth with relentless speed, threatening to exterminate every living organism in its path. It has been left to the ex-marine and unlikely taxi-driving hero Korben Dallas (Willis) to reunite the four stones that represent the elements - Earth, Air, Water and Fire with the mysterious Fifth Element to unleash the only power that will save the Earth. Joined on his mission by the intriguing Leeloo (Jovovich) and Priest Vito Cornelius (Holm), Dallas must retrieve the elements from the beautiful Diva aboard the luxury cruise ship, the Fhlotsin Palace.

Exploding with astonishing visual effects and breathtaking action, The Fifth Element Special Edition is an essential part of every DVD collection. The full splendour of the Fifth Element can be experienced on this double disc set, bringing all of the elements of the cinematic experience to your home as the director and crew originally intended. The DVD extras include a commentary by the special effects team and documentaries chronicling the making of The Fifth Element.

The DVD also contains Elements of Style, a featurette about the costumes by designers Jean-Paul Gaultier and Jean Giraud, which helped the film to become an awe-inspiring visual spectacle. Go behind the scenes with a look at the original designs by Jean-Claude Mezieres and learn how Besson persevered to get his childhood story onto celluloid to become one of the most influential movies of all time.

The Fifth Element Special Edition takes you on an adrenaline filled journey to a new dimension of sumptuous visuals, stunt-packed set pieces and spectacular explosions

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I'd be happy if they just release the extras on a standalone disc (well except the commentary oops), a la Matrix Revisited.

Then we can keep our R1 superbit disc!

DannyS

Second Unit
:D

It does seem strange. Why bring this out now? I have to be honest. I love the look of the film, costumes sets etc. BUT It really is a good idea badly executed.

PLEASE. Why on earth is Chris Tucker in this film?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
PLEASE. Why on earth is Chris Tucker in this film?
Because he's perfectly cast for the part he's playing. He's kinda like Gilbert Gottfreid, in that he's the guy to get when you want annoying. :D

This release makes me glad that I haven't upgraded to the Superbit release yet. :D

Jason

DannyS

Second Unit
Because he's perfectly cast for the part he's playing. He's kinda like Gilbert Gottfreid, in that he's the guy to get when you want annoying.
damn right he's annoying.

What I mean is.. There is no point to his character in the film. I mean. If all his parts were cut, the film would loose nothing.

Tucker, don't get me wrong, is a very funny man. The rush hours? Great casting and he's really good. I think he's wasted in the fith element. So is the late great Brion James.

Anyway... I'll probably be getting it becuase of the cat that watches tv.. oh, and Tricky! :) :) :) :) :)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I like Tucker in this film! Oddly, when I first saw the film, I felt Ian Holm didn't quite settle into his character enough. But whatever, this is still a great big cartoon of a movie worth catching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks