What's new

57hx93 just delivered, what now... (1 Viewer)

Ryan Libby

Stunt Coordinator
I found the below already anything else I may want to know or that you would change from this. Thanks.

Before you even plug in the tv, inspect it VERY carefully for damage.
It's not essential, but you may wish to remove the rear lower panel and check for loose cables. Also look inside to see if anything looks broken, especially if there is any exterior damage. If there is damage take lots of pictures (starting with the damaged shipping carton).
After you connect a video source and plug in the tv, turn the set on and immediately reduce the contrast to about 40, the brightness to about 50, and the sharpness to 10.
Pop in a dvd and start enjoying your new tv!
Avoid serious Avia/VE adjustment until a good week of operation. After a week, do the 9 point convergence. Most of the changes you will make with Avia are user-level adjustments (vs. service or design).
After 6 weeks of operation, do the 64pt service mode convergence. If you have made adjustments using the 9 point convergence, you can reset convergence to factory default first. You will find instructions here

I found this here: http://www.bus.ucf.edu/cwhite/theater/ToshibaTips.htm http://www.bus.ucf.edu/cwhite/theater/ToshibaTips.htm

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I just let it warm up to room temp, then away I went!!!! lol

Those sound like good guidelines for sure though, in hind site.

Chris White

Second Unit
So how are you enjoying your new set so far Ryan? I wanted to let you know that the instructions I have listed for undoing the user-level convergence do not apply to your set. Yours is actually much easier. I forget what it's called (you'll find it in the op manual), but the newer sets have a convergence procedure (autoconverge?) that will reset the 9-point convergence to the factory settings.

In the meanwhile, you'll find instructions for lots of tweaks to your set at my website.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks