What's new

57HX81-Considering Calibration by Kevin Miller- Feedback Please (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
I am looking for two types of feedback- one would be if you thought an ISF calibration made a positive difference to your set, and two, has anyone had Kevin Miller calibrate their set?

If you were happy with the calibration in general, what were the most noticeable differences before to after? Color? Sharpness? Geometry? ... Etc.

Thanks

Steve Sz

Agent
James, I can reply to your #1; ISF Calibration make a positive difference?? ABSOLUTELY. I had my 40xbr700 calibrated by Gregg Loewen who is ISF and the results are nothing short of amazing. I can honestly say that all three of your categories improved dramatically but if I had to choose one it would be Sharpness. The color out of box isn't bad but Gregg made it look picture perfect. All future sets I purchase will be calibrated by Gregg and I strongly recommend you look him up. His home phone number in the state of Maine is 207/778/5417 and he does travel.

Do it!!!!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Kevin did my Toshiba TW65H80 in January and did an excellent job. I saw immediate improvements in sharpness, color, geometry, convergence and black level. I probably did not experience the degree of difference that most users will see, because my set had previously been calibrated and this was something of a tune-up after several years of use. (The previous calibration was done by Gary Merson, who does great work if you can get him to return your phone calls, which most of us can't seem to do.)
You should be aware that, as with anything, there are different approaches to calibration. There's a very long, frequently contentious, and generally very educational thread in the Hardware Archive in which both Gregg Loewen and Kevin Miller participated, along with several other eminent calibrators. It's well worth taking the time to read through.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=26726
M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks