What's new

57HDX82 from Toshiba or 57SWX20B from Hitachi??? (1 Viewer)

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
So which one of theses models would have a better picture quality?

57HDX82 from Toshiba or 57SWX20B from Hitachi???

Thanks in advance!

Gary PT

Agent
Well, I get my Toshiba 57hdx82 tomorrow. I took a good look at that one, Hitachi, Pioneer, Sony, and Mitsubishi. They are all fine sets. I picked the Toshiba because I won't be using much in the way of a HD input for a while, and I read good things about Toshiba's compatibility with non-HD sources, better solutions with 4:3 viewing, for instance. Lets face it, they all look terrific with a high-def. source, so price, features, and versitility are important. Home Theatre magazine ranked the Pionerr elite first, but it is much pricier. Second was the Toshiba, which they considered a great value, and looked great out of the box (with some minor adjustments). The Sony they liked except for a contrast issue, (blacks/whites) the Mitsubishi was good but not before PROFESSIONAL tuning adjustments. A lot of people seem to love their Hitachis, and the resolution tests equal or better the Toshiba's, but the stretch mode for 4:3 viewing (regular cable or SD satellite) seems to bother some who think it is not as natural looking as the Toshiba. All in all, for practical every day viewing, and future technologies I plan to use, I found the Toshiba to be the best value. Remember, IMHO!!

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Gary makes very good points. I'd add that I love the color on my Tosh; it's the most natural-looking color to me of the sets I looked at (the usual suspects).
Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks