What's new

5700 - upgrade? (1 Viewer)

Joe B

Auditioning
I've got a denon 5700, and was wondering if its time for me to upgrade(hehehe i never thought i would say that). I was wondering peoples opinions if it's a good idea to sell this one in favor of the 4800.
Thanks!

Douglas

Auditioning
Why would you upgrade to the 4800? The 5700 is a superior unit. The only thing that you gain is EX, but you can make such an upgrade by purchasing a seperate decoder.

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
Going to the 4800 isn't an upgrade.
If you want more power, get a 5,6 or 7 channel amp and use the 5700 for a pre/pro.
If you want the latest technology, I would say wait.
I don't feel the differences between the 5700 and the newer receivers warrant the $$$ that it would cost you.
I have a 5700 and have a few hours of play time on a 5800.
The 5800 is great but it would cost me another $1500 or so.
My new philosphy is to try and not upgrade until at least the 2nd new model comes out for whatever it is I am replacing! :) When the 5900 comes out, I'll look into it and the other top rated receivers and pre/pro's and see if it is time to upgrade. So many people fall into the category of having to have the latest and greatest every year. Wait a minute, that was me. I must be getting old and cheap!
wink.gif

ps - the urge to upgrade is directly proportional to the amount of time spent reading home theater forums.

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Upgrading to the 4800 is not much of a jump as mentioned prior.
The step to the 5800 is quite significant as all components have been upgraded to a higher level of quality and performance.
------------------
Trevor
Link Removed
Equipment List updated
New digital pictures!
June 12,2001

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks