What's new

56TXi/NAD S250 or NAD T773 (1 Viewer)

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
56TXi/NAD S250 or NAD T773

Hey guys wondering if you could help me out. Right now I have the 56TXi/NAD S250 in my setup. I have an opportunity to trade it for a NAD T773(week old) and some $$$. Should I do it?

Kevin

Ron T

Stunt Coordinator
Grab the 773 and the cash. There'd be very little difference in SQ as the 773 is one of the best sounding receivers OR seperates available. UltimateAV in testing the 773 said there was very little if any difference between his Parasound Halo amp/pre and the NAD at 1/4th the price.
I went from a S250/T163 to the 773 and before we did a lot of blind testing and we could not hear any real differences at all and when we picked a preference it was usually the 773. The amps are very similar (NAD sound and design) and with 2 torroidal power supplies you are not giving up anything in power. The 773 with it's optimized and short signal paths and less digital garbage will probably give you more detail than the 56TXi.
There's a lot higher WAF and you also get rid of needless interconnects in the path. If there had been any real sound quality difference I would not have done it but there were so many positives that I just could not pass it up.
YMMV but I gained a little in ultimate sound quality, had a nice new warranty, more room in my racks and more cash in my pocket so for me it was well worth it.
Good luck and hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks