56 Pt. Convergence Question for Toshiba

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Edward, Mar 29, 2002.

1. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

May 1, 2000
    As another post of mine indicates, I am less than thrilled with the sharpness of my 57HX81 set. It was suggested among other things, that I do a 56 pt. convergence through the service menu rather than the 9 pt. convergence in the user menu.
    How should this be done? Should I be close to the screen, and on axis with each point, or should this be done from the 'watching' chair. It appears that the convergence DOES change a little, depending on your location. And it is a whole lot easier up close. So which is it?
    And- I stopped when it was time to converge in the blue. It seemed significantly off, so I wanted to make sure that this could indeed be, or was I off somewhere in my procedure.
    Thanks for any input. [​IMG]
  2. Brian Vaughan

Brian Vaughan Stunt Coordinator

Jan 25, 2001
    James, I tend to be about 4 or so feet away from my TW40X81 when I calibrate it. Close enough to make out distinct color lines, but far enough away so as not to seem too blurry to my eyes. Oh, and if you wear glasses/contacts I find that it is much better to wear contacts during the calibration.
    Here's a good article on calibration that may help you:
    Cheers, Brian