International 55 DAYS AT PEKING (PRE_ORDER)

Thomas T

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
I have the UK Blu-ray and thought it looked good to me but if there is a better looking version out there i might get it. The only place that i know that sells the Japanese release is Ebay around $40.
Amazon Japan is selling it for 2,126 yen (about $20 U.S.). Don't know if they currently ship to the U.S. I know they did pre pandemic.

Spili

Agent
Real Name
Marco
I have the UK Blu-ray and thought it looked good to me but if there is a better looking version out there i might get it. The only place that i know that sells the Japanese release is Ebay around $40.
It's very minicsule and I doubt you'd notice unless you watch/pause BDs on your PC like me. Personally, I can't abide discs with poor authoring/compression jobs.

haineshisway

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Terpning is good, but I'm a Robert McGinnis guy myself. Both are still alive to my knowledge and just as sharp as they were in their wonder years.
I collect illustration art and have both Terpning and McGinnis original art - also love Robert Maguire.

Billy Batson

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I collect illustration art and have both Terpning and McGinnis original art - also love Robert Maguire.
Ah, a very expensive hobby now. I have an original Bob Peak poster of In Like Flint on the wall, a bit of colourful sixties grooviness that always cheers me up.

Reactions: haineshisway

moviepas

Supporting Actor
It's not. I purchased it for a total of ~$30 USD - and it arrived via DHL 3 days later. Yes, even during the pandemic.

There are several of this title in Blu Ray on the Japanese site. Which one is that I need to try and order. I assume the price on your order is less their sales tax. Thanks

Garysb

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
This is a July 2018 UK release from Screenbound Pictures. Is this a legit release? The 2014 release appears to be OP but is available from 3rd parties at a price. Shipping £8.37 AmazonGlobal Priority (2-4 business days) Ouch.

Amazon product

Spili

Agent
Real Name
Marco
This is a July 2018 UK release from Screenbound Pictures. Is this a legit release? The 2014 release appears to be OP but is available from 3rd parties at a price. Shipping £8.37 AmazonGlobal Priority (2-4 business days) Ouch.
It is -- but I haven't seen any screencaps/how the compression's handled. Might be worth the punt if you find it cheap.

Garysb

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Amazon Japan is also selling a blu rays of El Cid and The Fall of the Roman Empire at a low price. Y 980 each. Any information on quality? From Paramount Japan.

Amazon productAmazon product

Last edited:

atcolomb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Angelo
Ebay seller has Japanese Blu-ray of The Fall of the Roman Empire at $21.99 free shipping from Texas and there are 6 copies available. Have the Miriam Collection dvd so do i wait for a USA release or buy this but not knowing how good the image is?

Douglas R

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Amazon product
Screenbound is a legitimate label. It’s the Pinewood master, same as the French version but doesn’t have the Intermission and Exit Music. It does have the Overture.

Reactions: Brent Reid

Douglas R

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Amazon Japan is also selling a blu rays of El Cid and The Fall of the Roman Empire at a low price. Y 980 each. Any information on quality? From Paramount Japan.

Amazon productAmazon product
I think you should buy both and tell us what they’re like ;)

I will be flabbergasted if they are any better than what has already been released.

Reactions: Brent Reid

john a hunter

Screenwriter
Am sure you are 99% right Doug,but it would be nice to know 100%.
I have no problems with my French 55 Days projected 9ft wide.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Ah, a very expensive hobby now. I have an original Bob Peak poster of In Like Flint on the wall, a bit of colourful sixties grooviness that always cheers me up.
Ah, a very expensive hobby now. I have an original Bob Peak poster of In Like Flint on the wall, a bit of colourful sixties grooviness that always cheers

Anyone for Saul Bass and Reynold Brown?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wombat