What's new

55"-65" 16:9 RPTV suggestions $2K-$4K (1 Viewer)

Terry Flink

Stunt Coordinator
Looking to replace my Sony 36XBR that apparently just died on me. Have been looking at the Sony and Mitsubishi RPTVs. Was looking for some feedback not limited to these two brands. Currently running a Sony DVP7700 DVD player. Thanks.

Nicholas N

Auditioning
Hello Terry

I currently have a 57inch Hitachi, and I am 100% pleased with its performance. The picture is amazing with a prog. DVD. And a nice thing about Hitachi is the angle of viewing is superb. I paid $2300 for the TV at CC. I think you should look into Hitachi. I compared this set to more expensive Mitsubishi and Sony sets and I couldn"t see to much of a difference, at least enough to pay the extra $ for the other sets. I hope this information is useful to you.

Nicholas N

Shane Morales

Second Unit
Mitsubishi Platinum or Diamond series. IMO, the only thing better are the Pioneer Elites.

And there's the Samsung 56" DLP for just under $4000 (retail). Very nice. Definately worth a look, but it's not available until August 15th, I think.

David S

Stunt Coordinator
Terry - I'll second the Pioneer Elite suggestion. You should know Pioneer is running a $1000 rebate on the PRO 730HD (64 inch) and a $800 rebate on the PRO 630HD (58 inch). Without much haggling, you should find the PRO 730 HD for $4000 ($5000 less the $1000 rebate) and the PRO 630HD for about $3200 ($4000 less the $800 rebate).

These prices with the rebates put the Elites prices at or below the best of the Mits and Hitachi offerings, and deserve a hard look. I've had the 630HD since March 2003 and am very pleased - and I paid $4100 for it as there was no rebate offer:b

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
I was at ultimate electronics in Vegas last week and looked at the 73" Mitsubishi. Anyone have any experience with this unit? Looked good and so did the Sonys and Pioneer elites.
Adult candy store!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Terry Flink

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up the Mitsubishi WS55511 at Ultimate Electronics for $2499.00. The multiple reviews and owner testimontials as well as the great price finalized my decision. The TV looked good out of the box, better after an AVIA calibration and great after tweaking the service menu. The built in HD tuner further allows me to receive OTA HD broadcast and PBS looks awesome!

P.S. I did pop the back of my Sony off and it is now up and runnning thanks to a $0.60 fuse. It now sits in the loft and my son is very pleased to have his PlayStation 2 back (I was hesitant about running it on an RPTV).

Users who are viewing this thread