54l Sealed Shiva finally finished!!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Dean-P, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Dean-P

Dean-P Stunt Coordinator

Wow! Three months later and I finally got it together yesterday![​IMG]
    I waited three weeks for my Shiva to arrive all the way from the deeeep south.(at least from here in Alberta it is!)
    Thanks to Brian Bunge for selling me the only Shiva left in North America![​IMG]
    I used a 150w plate amp from Solen.ca,although ThomasW said that I might want more later, he is probably correct but the wallet talked! If I upgrade later it will be off with the Shiva and onto the next size.[​IMG] Along with a new plate amp!
    I have a slight problem though, the WAF was low...she said that it is too big! I kept it hidden until it was all together, then I surprised her when I brought it up from the basement!
    Well now onto how it works. I slapped my Eagles"When hell freezes over" dvd in and cranked it up (a bit at a time)and WOW! I have my ht set up in the family room which resides on a cement floor, well this sub rumbles the cement floor when I stand about 2 ft back![​IMG]
    Today I watched T3, it rumbled everything around, I even set it out into the floor so it didn't corner load!

As stated before, it is a 54l sealed front firing "Athena" look a like.
    To make it a better WAF sub,could anyone suggest a smaller size that will still be good?

2. Ronnie Ferrell

Ronnie Ferrell Second Unit

I consider 54L to be small when talking subs! Just show SWMBO these pictures in comparison and say "But Honey, I could have built one of these."

.[​IMG]
    122L Tempest. To get an idea of size, the table top between the sub and saw-horses is 24" by 32"

[​IMG]
    Notice how small the normal size 12oz. coffee can looks on the right-hand side.

[​IMG]
    Here is a picture I used when SWMBO said something about the size of my 122L.

I'm guessing your only other option if 54L is too big would be to go IB.

Ronnie

3. Dean-P

Dean-P Stunt Coordinator

Yes That is big! She wouldn't buy that "but this is what I could have built" Ha! Ha!

Nice job.[​IMG]

I guess she'll get used to it[​IMG]...although I wonder how the Adire small sealed would work.[​IMG]

4. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Dean,

Good job! Hope she doesn't kick you out in the cold! [​IMG]

Ronnie, YGM.

5. michael-e

michael-e Agent

WAF?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

54l is TINY

the only way to get smaller,is to sacrifice something .

6. Frank Mowry

Frank Mowry Stunt Coordinator

You guys are missing the point of tricking the wife. Buy bigger furniture! It makes the sub look small. Bigger TV, bigger couch. You get the drift.

Frank