540hz fixed sound card crossover

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Tsutsui, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

My sound card is currently being used as an analog pre/pro for my 4.1 home theater. (Hercules GTXP 6.1)
    The crossover is unadjustable and fixed at 540hz!
    graph
    I think this is the reason why I always hear voices come from the subwoofer during DVDs. Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this... I'm using dual parts express plate amp/tempests as subs...
    I suppose one fix would be to us 4 speaker mode and use the high level in/outs of each sub to each main and disconnect the LFE connection. If I do this then what should I set the plate amp crossover to and will I still get all the "deep" bass?
    Other than that, the only setting I have to play with is speakers set to "small" or "large". Hercules is supposed to have a driver update that allows the user to adjust the crossover setting.. has anyone found this?

2. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i dont know how to fix it, but i must ask, where did you get that program to graph your results?

CJ

3. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

I didn't use that program nor did I graph that, I found that picture after I did a google search and read 3dsoundsurge.com's review.

I believe it costs $ for that program.