What's new

53" 53WX42 Panny is only $1499 at Best Buy!! (10/27/02) (1 Viewer)

Calvin_Su

Stunt Coordinator
I just went to Best Buy last night, and they had a new price tag on the pan 53" widescreen set that said $1498.99! I couldn't believe it. I've been planning on getting this tv for awhile, and the lowest I could find it at was $1700 on sale at the bestbuy website.

So I decided that I wanted to get it right there, since it was saturday night, and on Sundays they have new prices. The problem was, Best Buy charges $35 for delivery, and if u want to return or exchange it, they charge another $35 to have someone pick it up. So since Circuit City has free delivery, I went there. Well, at Circuit City the price of the tv was $1800, over 300 more than at Best buy. No problem, I just told the manager that it was 1499 at best buy and he matched that price - plus, they offered a free $60 value dvd player with the TV. I told them I wasn't interested in that player, so they said I could choose any dvd player I wanted and that they would subtract $60 from the price of whichever one I chose. I chose the panasonic RP62, since they didn't have the RP82. At best buy, this player is $164, so they matched that price too. So, I ended up getting the RP62 player for around $104, and the 53" TV for 1498.99.

Not only that, but at Best Buy I got a 2 room DirecTV system for free with installation. I paid $100, but I get a $75 rebate and a $25 Best Buy gift card. I also get showtime unlimited free for 3 months.

Ken D.

Grip
Location? My 4 local best buy's don't carry 'em, so I was kind of disappointed when I couldn't price match my purchase @ CC last week :) I can't wait for my RP82 to show up.

Tod_J

Grip
Yes, location please!
I just called Circuit City and they were firm - no way Jose, $1799 firm. Best Buy seems willing to sell for that price but they want to know the store #.
Now tell me how you can beat the combo of a 53WX42 at $1499 plus an RP82 minus $60 (Circuit City). That's bang for the buck!

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
I hate how circuit city says that to you about the dvd player. I said can I replace the DVD player with another and subtract that off the price he said "no. it's a manufacture thing, we can't do anything about it".
-ELmO:thumbsdown:

Tod_J

Grip
Has anyone had any luck getting Circuit City/Best Buy/Sears to price match against an internet outfit like Advance Video Systems? I was assuming no but hey I'll give it a shot...

Bill_Jackson

Auditioning
that seems too good to be true...as cheap as the 47"?

I bought the 53" at BB 2 weeks ago for $1708.

Any luck from other owners getting BB to honor a sale price within the 30 day window?

-Bill

Tod_J

Grip
Sears has the 53wx52 only, and would do $1699 when presented with the AVS ad.
Circuit City and BB both went down to $1599 for the 53wx42.
Looks very much like $1599 is the best that can be done unless you get lucky and hit a sale (BTW apparently not all BB locations had the same $1499 price)
I would have pulled the trigger if they also had the RP82, which is difficult to find locally (and is often out of stock on the internet sites). What's that all about?

Tod_J

Grip
Thought I would provide an update since this has become the 53wx42 price thread:
Bought this at CC but when I went back to get the $100 gift card (as advertised) I was told no dice, not with that price.
I asked for a refund since the gift card is why I bought at CC in the first place

DaveYH

Auditioning
I know this is an old thread but I just bought mine this past weekend and got BB to come down to 1637.41 then used a 10% off coupon to bring it to $1473.67. I'm willing to fax interested parties my receipt. I live in Indy and the set is being delivered tomorrow :)
In hindsight I would have got BB to put that price in writing and gone to HH Gregg to make them match as they are offering a $300 gift certificate when you purchase this set right now. If you're lucky when they price match they might not notice the 10% off on there.
Cheers,
Dave
dyhancocindiana.edu

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Dave,

Did they also include the free recliner in your purchase? What about free delivery? If yes, I'd be interested. Otherwise, they probably wouldn't do it match that price for me since I got mine w/ free recliner and free delivery last week.

_Man_

DaveYH

Auditioning
Nope they weren't doing the recliners anymore and I didn't even ask about the delivery as it was so minimal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks